How to order a ‘Create-a-Cake’
Ordering a ‘Create-a-cake’ custom cake from Cake Wellington starts with you and your ideas. Here are some of the ways you can start:
- Bring or send us an image of a cake you really like
- Tell us about a cake on our website or social media that you would like
- Tell us about the idea for a concept you have
- Just tell us you want a cake!!!!
We will make a time to talk with you about your ideas and ask a few questions to help us get a better idea of what you need. This can be in the shop, over the phone or by email.
The main questions we will ask you are:
- How many servings you want to provide and whether you want large desert size or smaller taster portions?
- What flavour cake would you like?
- What is your budget?
If we are designing a new cake for you, we will also need to talk to you more about your event and any ideas you have about colours or themes.
Your unique ‘Create-a-Cake’
We generally ask for 2 weeks notice to create a new design.
Generally a simple design cake to serve 10 to 12 people will start at around $140. This would have two layers of cake with a flavoured filling.
If you are after a bigger cake to serve more in two tiers (two different sized cakes on top of each other) the cost would start at around $200. A three tier cake starts at around $300.
If your design has fondant models or intricate detail then the cost will be more because of the skilled decorator time involved in making your cake the WOW factor at your event!